Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Six for Saturday List

Six People That Need to Stop Aging:

1) Bonnie Raitt. She'll always be the Angel from Montgomery. And I can listen to that voice all night long. Please don't stop singing for us...

2) Anyone from The Brat Pack. Their aging in front of my eyes makes me long for the good ol' days...and further reminds me that Time Waits for No One.

3) Chris Matthews of MSNBC. You may not agree with his politics, but especially after we lost Tim Russert, we need guys like Chris to hang around and give us more human-esque versions of political point-counterpoint.

4) David Letterman. Dave, I remember when you used to come out in dress slacks, blazer, shirt, tie, and...wrestling shoes. Stay gold, Pony Boy.

5) Dennis Erickson. I'll admit, this is a selfish pick. DE is the head football coach of my beloved Arizona State University Sun Devils. I would love to see him have more time and energy to get our program back on national prominence. If only...

6. My Wife. I don't know of anyone over 30 that likes to get old. Jo is still gettin' it done, but she's not one for having patience and dealing with gravity and physical wear-and-tear, and every year takes that glimmer in her eye down just a notch. Hang in there, lady!


Six People for Who It's Already Too Late:

1) Robert Redford. Wow, what happened? The world needs more people like you to raise the level of awareness about injustice and affairs of the heart.

2) Dyan Cannon. I can't believe that she recently turned 71. Wow. I loved her enthusiasm, especially seeing her courtside at Lakers games.

3) Madonna. Sometimes it's better to just let go and accept the aging process. I admire that you got yourself in GREAT shape, but you're still a 50-yr old lady playing in a 20 yr old world -- is that really working for you?

4) Joe Elliot / Simon LeBon. Boys, I admire that you still want to Rock On. God knows that if anyone wants to trade places with you, it's me. But have you looked at yourselves on camera? Either see Madonna's training regimen or step aside -- we want to remember you for who you were, not what you are now.

5) Mohammad Ali. Life can be a cruel thing. You represented a generation, and you will always be The Greatest. May the rest of your years be easy on you.

6. Me. What the hell happened? Who is that guy in the mirror?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are two for the "too late" column: Mickey Rourke? WTF? Wow did he change. Too many chemicals my man! Kathleen Turner. Saw her in Marley and Me. Yikes! a long haul from "Body Heat" and "A Man With Two Brains".

J inthe A