Sunday, February 03, 2008

Out of the Blog Closet, Part Deux

1) Don't hold back. If you think you have something to contribute, whether it's long-winded (like most of my stuff) or short and sweet, then let it rip.
2) Try not to think this is beneath you or that you can't measure up. I've hobnobbed at several black-tie events, and I've had to rely on public transportation to take me to and from work. I've easily mingled with some bright and successful people, and I've broke bread with some simple down-home folk. I can say with certainty that everyone, no matter what background or education, can contribute something of value to this world.
3) Use a nickname if you want. That goes for Doc, Dog, Dagwood, HairGoddess, and anyone else.
4) Try not to have a thin skin. Constructive criticism can be a good thing (except for me, I'm still working on it).
5) Since I just KNOW you are curious -- the name of the blog comes from a procedure used by a former bank employer of mine, and I always swore I'd use it as the name for my rock band, but since that didn't happen (yet), it goes here.