Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Letter from The Boss

internal memo circulating the interwebs...

Fellow Employees:
As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama is our President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, I estimate that our Clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8%. Since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.
So, this is what I did: I strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change; I gave it to them. If you have a better idea, let me know.

Sincerely,
The Boss

1 comment:

DrJekyll said...

Don't be "sorry" -- you sound like a liberal. Oh, wait, never mind. Anyway, you are welcome to speak your mind -- that's why I post stuff like this, to get feedback. And don't be so convinced that EVERY Republican is in lock-step with the Fat Man or BillO -- those that READ know they are blowhards that love to stir the pot for attention. The reason for their success is that they sometimes come up with suggestions that make sense and are attractive to The Court of Public Opinion. BTW, this is the same Court that did not accept Air America -- ask yourself why that was. I'm not a big fan of Maddow or KO but I'll still listen to what they have to say -- otherwise how will I know what makes the other side tick? P.S. Memo to Rachel: please stop your recent attitude shift of being so slimy and condesending like your buddy KO. It doesn't fit you and this was not how you started. More common sense, less finger pointing. Thanks.